Saturday, July 5, 2008

Sleigh Ride

Day-before-day-before yesterday was the appointment with Doc. He agreed that I was undoubtedly dehydrated and therefore kinda weirded-out for a few days. We're keeping the medications where they are for another month, to see how things go, except for one thing.

My blood pressure is now too low.

He thinks I may still be dehydrated, so he's switching me to a different formulation of Benicar to help with that little problem.

I've been down all week. Yesterday I finally got out of my PJs around 10 PM; had a half a hamburger for dinner; didn't go with the family to see fireworks and take in baseball game. Here's hoping things will be better today.

Update:

I'm spaced out right now, floating around the house, dizzy and unstable. Hands are shaking a bit more than before. I have no appetite, but managed to eat a bowl of pseudo Rice Crispies earlier, then took a three-hour nap. I'm trying to drink enough water and Gatorade to stay ahead of "increased urination", but it's not easy. Kool-Aid tastes funny, as do fruit juices. Whenever I stop and let my gaze relax, everything seems to be spinning slowly clockwise.

Mary wants to go shopping, and I'd like to go with her, but I'm not sure I can go right now. Maybe later.

No comments: