Sunday, June 29, 2008

All Fall Down

Ten hours sleep, mostly; still I feel drowsy and sleepy. I'm a bit unsteady standing up, too, lightheaded, you could say. Quivery, too, like I'm a washer on spin cycle.

Yesterday was quite nice, actually. Maybe I'm coming back down from the mania that seemed to rule a few days ago, on the way to a hopefully mild mostly-depressed period. After the spikes that came my way lately, that might seem like a vacation (although I'd rather be "normal" for a few days, instead).

I just learned yesterday that one should not mix lithium and ibuprofen. It can cause the lithium levels to build up too high. Oh, great. Here's another complication, something that probably contributed to the weirdness of last week.

No caffeine, no alcohol, no ibuprofen.

Alcohol, in and of itself, will not be missed. But pizza is just not pizza without an ice-cold beer. And I will sincerely miss our traditional Asti Spumante toasts on anniversaries and holidays.

Caffeine's a problem. I think I'll just include two cups of coffee in my daily regimen and let Doc medicate around it.

Ibuprofen? Arghhh. This is one we'll have to discuss with Doc. Maybe I can cut down the lithium. But then I'd be required to take ibuprofen instead of using as needed. Maybe the two can be balanced: take ibuprofen, skip one lithium, that sort of thing. Doc, we need to talk.

Update:

Took a nap. Now it feels like my water pressure is too low. Everything on my end is in slow motion. But other stuff happens far too quickly. I was watching grandson Aiden play on the floor; it was like somebody took his film and cut a few frames out here and there. His reality was kind of jerky. Mine is very smooth. I have to concentrate really hard to understand what Mary is saying.

No. 1 daughter Randi just walked through. We had a most entertaining conversation, as I couldn't understand what she was saying, and apparently wasn't making myself clear to her:

"Hi...I said 'Hi'...I said...ah, nevermind. Whatcha got?"

"Mphf dot grogh gleltplug mech rugs."

"What?"

"Whemf jher nelt gold ment rugs!"

"No, I said 'What have you got?' What are you saying?"

"Mom...and...I...nefder...quana...larkly...rugs!"

"You and Mom need to look at rugs? What do you have, there?"

"Yes! We need to larkly-al rugs! What do you mean. Where?"

"What have you got there, in your hand?"

"Mozzarella."

"Cheese? May I have a piece? ...Thanks. "

"What? What? Oh, never mind."

Then Mary came in and said something unintelligible. I had to ask her to repeat herself so I could decipher the conversation. It turns out she was talking to Randi. Then as she turned to leave she told me in no uncertain terms that "...my sister has all the spiders, for some reason."

I think I should just go back to bed.

No comments: