Thursday, June 5, 2008

Day Five: Just Forget It

Sunday June 1, 2008

I've felt odd all day. Flushed, my face sort of numb, but not really numb. And drowsy. Sleep was fitful and wakeful, even counting my and Aiden's midnight conversations. I went back to bed after the babies were both fed, tossing and turning until around 11:30 am. The rest of the day has been spent in mindless wandering with Google Earth.

I don't remember taking my afternoon medications; thank goodness I remember going downstairs to get them. Since I didn't have the pills, but did find an empty glass with milk in the bottom, I figure I must have swallowed them. Mary may have to give me my medicine in the future.

The memory lapses are the most frightening. Will I be able to drive? Should I be alone with the grandkids? It's been happening since Thusday. One time I found myself in the kitchen with an empty glass in my hand, with no recollection of taking a glass from the cabinet (which is around the corner, several steps and turns away). Last night Mary came in and I apparently said "Hello" and we spoke a moment; then I waited up until 2 AM for her to come home, not knowing she was already in bed asleep. There were a few more cases I vaguely recall, not dramatic, where the previous few seconds or minutes were simply lost.

No comments: