Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Day 14: Sad to Say

Tuesday June 10, 2008

It's a day of sadness. I've been crying off and on since morning. Mary tried to get me to go for a morning walk, later to run with her to the bank, and just now to go to an evening of Music in the Park. I couldn't. It's like I'm trapped here. I want to leave, but I'm afraid to. Let's hope this little symptom doesn't last long.

I have to leave the house tomorrow. It's time for a two-week evaluation. I'm going to suggest to Doc that I visit the local loony bin psychiatric facility, just up the hill from his office, for a more complete assessment and evaluation. Or maybe he has a suggestion. We'll see.

I'm going to go now and register at a few bipolar forums I've found, places where there are posts by people who, like me, have been bipolar since bipolar was manic-depressive (40 years or more, in other words) and the atmosphere seems supportive. There doesn't seem to be an active bipolar support group in Amarillo right now; maybe I'll be directed to one tomorrow.

No comments: