Thursday, June 5, 2008

Day Six: In a Pickle

Monday, June 2, 2008

Dizzy and nauseous; that pretty well sums up the day so far. I had kosher dills for lunch; nothing else tasted right, and I had to toss out a beautiful roast beef sandwich (mustard, ya' know -- that was the only part that I liked, but no one else in the household likes mustard; Mary won't even touch mustard for fear of condiment contamination).

This morning a simple errant thought almost brought on the tears: they're so cute, but they grow up so fast. Damn, it's even hard to type that phrase, and the tears did come this time, briefly. I have to wonder if I'm becoming tolerant of the antidepressant (Lexapro) already.

Tomorrow I'm lunching with a friend and former boss, whose daughter was diagnosed bipolar some years past. She told me today that the diagnosis was apparently wrong, and that her daughter is completely off medication now and doing just fine. Oh, well, she still has done considerable research on bipolar disorder and I still want to talk to her.

No comments: