Thursday, June 5, 2008

Day Nine: Anger Management

Thursday June 5, 2008

Went today to an all-day Anger Management class, along with Mary, #1 son Chris, and Chris's bride Jennifer. Chris and Jen were attending at the behest of Child Protective Services (whose involvement in our lives could be the subject of an entire blog; suffice it to say that nobody is in trouble, but Chris & Jen and granddaughter Holly are living with us), and Mary and I were tagging along. Almost everybody else attending the class is on probation.

Actually, and despite what i wrote yesterday, I think I got more out of the class than anyone there. I have to learn what anger is, and how to deal with it.

Before now, anger was mostly out of my control. Luckily there was always a calm part of myself keeping watch on the raging maniac, a caretaker who kept me from doing physical harm to others and leading me away from other people's property.

The four-o'clock medications have me woozy again, dizzy and unsteady.

No comments: