Thursday, June 5, 2008

Day Seven: More Pickles

Tuesday June 3, 2008

Nauseous again today. And sometimes dizzy, a little unsteady on my feet. The dry-mouth seems to be getting worse. I'm losing my appetite and merely thinking about some foods makes me queasy. Except for a tiny salad and a bit of pizza at lunch, I'm subsisting today on kosher dills, cheese, and lemonaid.

Lunch with an old friend went pretty well. She has a Master's in Counseling, and although she's never done anything professional, she's a good listener and adviser. During the meal I mentioned that, for the past few months, even happy thoughts could bring me to my knees; with that, I thought a happy thought and started weeping. Damn, that upsets me.

I'm astounded at the mess around here. I've started so many projects that never got finished. At least I got most of the construction done before the highs got out of control. The house is almost remodeled, but needs lots of detail and trim work...and, of course, the second bathroom. I want to make a list of the items that need to be finished, but I'm almost afraid of the result. There's so much yet to do.

No comments: