Thursday, June 5, 2008

Day Two: Hello Side Effects

Thursday May 29, 2008

I've felt pretty good all day. In fact, I feel pretty normal. That, in itself, is pretty strange.

Looking back over my life I realize that I've been either headed up or sliding down the whole time. Either that, or I can't remember the normal episodes.

I think I'm getting accustomed to the medication. I don't get quite as high, but everything is still snuggly. I had a good night's sleep. My pillows are, well, "plush". Like big soft marshmallows.

Dry mouth, definitely, and diarrhea. I'm trying to drink extra water and eat watermelon (which helps the dehydration but does nothing to stem the diarrhea). So now I'm taking three medications which can cause diarrhea and eating lots of watermelon, and have another reason to stay close to the house.

New side effect: muscle spasms. I got a cramp in my lip, one teeny tiny muscle in my upper right lip. Lasted about 5 minutes. Later, in bed, a whole set of muscles on lower right side of my back began to throb gently, in time with my pulse (I checked). It didn't hurt, just felt strange, like doing push-ups with just that one group of muscles. That lasted about 30 minutes, whenever I rolled onto my right side.

No comments: